Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
~ Charles Dickens
• Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting ($200 per year). 100+ Women Who Care Greater Durand Area is open to ALL women. The more women we gather, the greater the impact within our community.
• Donations are intended for Greater Durand Area nonprofit organizations serving our local communities. National charities will not be considered. The purpose is for the contribution to stay 100% within the community.
• Upon arrival at the meeting members who wish to present a nonprofit organization 501(3)c will complete a nomination ticket and place it in ‘the hat’ for the drawing. Three charity submissions will be randomly drawn at the meeting.
• Only members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current with their contributions may submit a charity for consideration.
• Members who wish to submit a charity for consideration must be ready to make a five minute presentation at the meeting to the members. They will then have 5 minutes to present their organization, followed by a 3 minute period where the presenter takes questions from the group. Only members in good standing can present.
• Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote at meetings. Members may not vote unless they are in attendance at the meeting.
• If you make a presentation and your nomination is not chosen, you may resubmit your charity at succeeding meetings. If a member’s charity is chosen, that organization is not eligible for consideration for two years from the date of the meeting. However, the member is eligible to submit other charities for consideration at future meetings.
• All checks will be written directly to the chosen organization. If you are unable to attend, please give your check to a member to deliver on your behalf, or mail it in. The winning organization will be posted on the group website and Facebook page within 24 hours. Members are expected to send their check to the designated address within 48 hours.
• The winning organization must agree to NOT use the donors’ names for future solicitations nor share our membership information with the public. If the charity breaches this directive they will be removed from any future consideration. The organization is also required to send a representative to the next meeting to present to the Membership how the funds have benefited their mission.
• Each member will vote by ballot – the majority rules. Even if your choice does not win, all Members are responsible for writing a check to the winning charity.
• In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie then we will randomly pick one of the two charities name out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
Are you ready to make a difference? Join today.