Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
~ Charles Dickens
• Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting ($200 per year). 100+ Women Who Care Greater Durand Area is open to ALL women. The more women we gather, the greater the impact within our community.
• Donations are intended for Greater Durand Area nonprofit organizations serving our local communities. National charities will not be considered. The purpose is for the contribution to stay 100% within the community.
• Upon arrival at the meeting members who wish to present a tax-exempt nonprofit organization will complete a nomination ticket and place it in ‘the hat’ for the drawing. Three nonprofit submissions will be randomly drawn at the meeting.
• Only members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current with their contributions may submit a nonprofit for consideration.
• Members who wish to submit a nonprofit for consideration must be ready to make a five minute presentation at the meeting to the members. They will then have 5 minutes to present their organization, followed by a 3 minute period where the presenter takes questions from the group. Only members in good standing can present.
• Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote at meetings.
• Members who are unable to attend, may watch the Facebook Live stream and text their name and vote to the number presented at the start of the meeting. If you make a presentation and your your nomination is not chosen, you may resubmit your nonprofit at succeeding meetings. If a member’s nonprofit is chosen, that organization is not eligible for consideration for two years from the date of the meeting. However, the member is eligible to submit other nonprofits for consideration at future meetings.
• All checks will be written directly to the chosen organization. If you are unable to attend, please give your check or CASH to a member to deliver on your behalf, mail it in, or use our credit card option. The winning organization will be posted on the group website and Facebook page within 24 hours. Members are expected to send their check to the designated address within 48 hours.
• The winning organization must agree to NOT use the donors’ names for future solicitations nor share our membership information with the public. If the nonprofit breaches this directive they will be removed from any future consideration. The organization is also required to send a representative to the next meeting to present to the Membership how the funds have benefited their mission.
• Each member will vote by ballot – the majority rules. Even if your choice does not win, all Members are responsible for writing a check to the winning nonprofit.
• In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two nonprofits and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie then we will randomly pick one of the two nonprofits name out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
Are you ready to make a difference? Join today.